19 June, 2019

International Box Day


Not to be confused with Boxing Day, which occurs the day after Christmas, and I still haven't quite figured out what Boxing Day is all about, since we don't celebrate it in America.

*shrug*

Here are some images of Eastside Cats enjoying their cardboard boxes.

***
Sweetie

Chili Bruce 

Manny, asking for me to give him an box Uber ride!

Chili Bruce, taken yesterday!

We are fortunate that I have an endless supply of boxes from my office.  Copier paper boxes, used shipping boxes, and coffee packet boxes pile up daily.  Repurposing is recycling, and the cats enjoy them so.  The 'O' Cats often get fresh boxes, since the rain and snow make them mushy, plus both Sweetie and The PO'M use them as scratchers.

I even purchased a fancy box-cutter, with retracting blade, just for boxes to be made more usable by the cats.  The Hubby does NOT have access to this tool; it's MINE!

Sexy, and mine, all MINE!
Technically, this is a Self-Retracting Safety Knife with Tape Splitter
Disclaimer: I bought is 'cause I wanted it, and am not trying to get anyone else to buy one!

***

24 comments:

  1. It's good that mom has so many boxes for you to enjoy. She's a wonderful mom.

    Have a purrfect International Box Day. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh do I love seeing your babes in boxes.
    Madi absolutely loved ever BOX that she met!!
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. guyz.....how kewl is that...a supply oh boxez that will never end; less mom ree tirez may bee !! happee card bord day :) ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boxes are pretty darn wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're not celebrating box day as well. So I don't know this holiday, haha :D
    And I totally adore photos of you sweet little guys playing in these boxes :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats do love boxes, no matter what size they are. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bunch of boxes :) And cool tool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Box Day!!! Looks like you are celebrating the day the best way possible. Thanks for sharing the lovely box photos. Have a fun day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats and boxes are just... Built into their DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your knife is scaring me (that you wanted it that badly lol) the kitties are darling! Cody could give a rat's ass about boxes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be scared of me and my knife! LOL! I remember that you've mentioned before that Cody isn't into boxes, but does Dakota enjoy them?

      Delete
  11. So many boxes! We wouldn't know what to do . . . okay, that'd be a fib. Cats ALWAYS know what to do with boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. From what I understand, Boxing Day got it's name when servants were given time off the day after Christmas to take presents (a Christmas box) to their families. Employers also gave their servants a Christmas box on that day. Some say the practice and name originated in the Middle Ages.
    They are all enjoying their boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cats and boxes.....equal so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the box cutter. My good one I liked so much gave up the ghost several years ago and I cannot find another! One I like, I mean. I keep using my cheap little jack knife and it's only blade is serrated so I can't sharpen it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent source of boxes you have there! We get ours from Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We don't have any boxes here. :-( The only one we get these days is the one for our litter delivery, but it's way too shallow to hold even our interest!

    We love the idea of a box Uber ride, though. MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have lots of boxes but they usually end up in the recycle bin. I never have one when I need to ship something though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boxes are the best. Your kitties are so cute enjoying those boxes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. No wonder your cats look so happy, they get regular box upgrades!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i must have one!! they look great-perfect tool for a cat lover

    ReplyDelete
  21. They sure do know how to celebrate international box day!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....