01 November, 2022

#NationalAuthor’sDay

 November 1 is National Authors Day!

I primarily listen to audiobooks downloaded to my phone, and with speed set at 1.3x (I also am a speed-reader, something I was taught while a youngster in school), I listen while doing many other things all day long.

Some of my favorite authors, in no particular order, with links:

Laurie R. King

Robert Galbraith

C. S. Harris

Elly Griffiths

Diana Gabaldon

Nick Louth

Jim Butcher

Anthony Horowitz

Deanna Raybourn

Kelley Armstrong

Sabrina Flynn

My current 'want to read' list has 569 books, which does NOT include all the books in an author's series; just the first.

I am a member of several book groups on Facebook, and a question I ask people is, "What are you reading?"

I use Goodreads to keep track of everything, and have access to a handful of libraries AND a Audible account to feed my reading habit.

I am a reading addict; there, I've typed it!

Authors are amazing people; they create new worlds, characters, and emotions in their heads, then are able to publish these stories for the public's enjoyment.  

The above images were found on social media, and included purely for the enjoyment of our readers.

So, what are you reading?

Tell us in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. Mum also likes to read. There are so many interesting people that tell pawsome stories, true and fictional. Mum says it is fun to immerse yourself into another world/life. I like when she reads because I get lots of lap time!!!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I think I spy Morgan. of Morgan and Morgan telking us to "do your research". I too am addicted to reading but not quite to your level yet. I haven't ever heard an audio book. I read the print one. I have an iPad that'll read Kindle things and I have a few of those. I wondered of you had ever read, and savored 'Dandelion Wine". That's by Ray Bradbury. And I get very very involved in a good book emotionally. Authors are what you say they are,,,able to do all those things. When you go "Ahhhhh" to yourself as your eyes fall on the print on the page and you are immersed in the characters world...that is the biggest tribute to an anthor there is. If they could see you and observe your enjoyment. There are books I hate to end and I hunger for more from the same author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some books DO require savouring. in places. Reflection.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, Jim Butcher! I haven't read him in a while and miss Harry ... thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! That means you haven't read the latest books...you're socks are gonna get knocked off, just sayin'...

      Delete
  4. What a fun post. You made me chuckle more than once.

    I'm starting the new Jack Reacher book, No Plan B.

    I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

    Have a fabulous day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were good funnies and I love that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will check out some of these authors. I'm always desperately searching for a new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read fast too so I always avoided audiobooks because they read too slow- I had no idea I could speed them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been binge reading books from our two libraries ( Camas and Washougal ) ever since this Covid lockup began- right now we're reading John Grisham's and CJ Box's latest books. Plus David Lebovitz's The Sweet Life in Paris plus his cookbook My Paris Kitchen! Fun and tasty! What on earth would we do if we didn't have books and a kitchen to cook in? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if my parents have read any of those. They read on their phone. They lose concentration when listening audio books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you haven't read Donna Leon or Louise Penny... I also recommend Martin Walker and Fred Vargus. I have loved the Galbraith books but the most recent one is just horrible - I closed it after reading, maybe, 15%.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! My friend Rochelle Bradley has a shirt like the one pictured. She publishes very comedic romance stories.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....