17 April, 2017

Out and About

Angle and Chuck, wrestling as kittens
Hope that you all had a terrific weekend!  I love this photo of Angel and Chucky when they were wee babes.  I included it here just because!

My family gathered together twice over the weekend: to celebrate my mother's 85th birthday on Friday, and a holiday meal on Sunday afternoon.  I was presented with the news article pictured below, by my brother who found it in his local newspaper.  Read it and see if you can figure out what the heck happened...I surely cannot!
"Man say he was attacked by cats, robbed"

Now hanging at my office desk
My brother also gifted me with this purple cat on a string; he said it came in a cereal box!  I'm guessing that it's from "The Secret Life Of Pets" movie.   

Sorry, N!  You got cut off...Aunt Vicky
is still working on her cell phone photo-taking skills

Lucky for me, my niece helped me with my iPhone and Snapchat.  I can tell that I am going to have some fun with this!

Patty O'Malley
Sweetie
In addition, I've downloaded Instagram, and a Prisma app.  One can do all kinds of nifty things with photos!  Have my first audiobook from the library on my phone, and I listen to it in the car, and while out rambling around the neighborhood on walks (as if 30 minutes of walking every night will cancel out the HUGE amounts of calories I seem to be compelled to eat...(shrug)), and while in the bathtub! There is definitely a future for me and audiobooks (and ebooks, I'm sure), from the library.  Way cool!

As for Chucky, he's really up and down.  He is good one day, not so good the next.  We can tell when he's not feeling well, but we don't know when he's going to 'download', and it is NOT always in the litterbox.  Between hard poops and diarrhea, he's been drinking lots of water and not eating so much food.  My first inclination is to rush to the vet's office, but The Hubby has laid a restraining hand on my arm, telling me to slow down and give it a few days. If Chuck simply ate too much catgrass, then once it's through his system, he'll be okay. In fact, all of the cats stopped eating their usual meal portions in recent days.  Maybe it's due to the warmer temps?  One day at a time, one meal at a time.

Chucky napping, with one ear escaping the box

13 comments:

  1. DOOD....HEERZ HOPIN YUR GOOD DAYZ TOTAL LEE OUT WAY DE BAD FOR LIKE ALL TIME....TELL YUR MOM WE SAID TA TELL HER MOM HAPPEE BEE LATED AT 85 YEERZ YOUNG !! ♥♥ HEERZ TWO A YEER A HEAD FILLED WITH HAPPEE NEZZ & HEALTH ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well furst we wanna say dat furst foto is just purrecious. Second, dat man was dreamin'. He purrobably gambled away his rent and now needs an excuse fur da landlord. OMC Attacked by cats!!! Cats ain't dat stupid to be used by robbers. We're not so sure what you're talkin' 'bout, lessen ya' got one of those new smarty pants fones or somethin'. Ifin so, concats, mommy's learned she needs one of those but can't afford it. MOL And lastly, not so sure 'bout da steady wait and see fur this one. Ifin everypawdy's quit eatin', we would suggest ya' check into da noms and maybe switch. There might be somethin' wrong with it. It's quite unusual fur all da kitties to stop eatin' at once. 'Specially when trouble sign purrsent, ie: potty issues. We're sendin' purrayers.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that picture is too cute! And yes, that's a very random story and perhaps a dream, like Dezi and Raena suggested. Sending hugs and purrs to Chucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, that crime doesn't sound like much of a crime. A little suspicious I think!
    Lovely you had two visits with your family over the weekend. My Mum just had her 83rd a few days ago too.
    Love the photo in the bunny ears!
    I hope Chucky's tummy settles down.
    Take care.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love that pic of Angel and Chucky too...so cute! We send purrs to Chucky and hope his eating improves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love baby pics :)
    We love all the pics today too.
    We send BIG purrs to Chuck and hope it is a seasonal thing.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, are cat-thieves a thing now?? We wonder if that stuff will end up on eBay. Purrs to Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, our mom was all SQUEE! with that baby pic! And we liked the Chuck-in-the-Box shot, too! We have to admit we didn't get the cat attack story--after all, we swear Caroline was here on that date.

    Chucky, please feel better. You know you're the honorary bro of us black boys. (And William, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Chuck feels better soon, poor guy. Very cute photo of Chuck and Angel as kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was very nice of you to think of me in this time of sadness. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
    Thank You
    Barb (Nellie's Mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MOL at Williams comment! I sure hope Chucky feels better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Angel and Chuck kitten pic is very cute!
    The cat attack story sounds weird. The man can be a bit delusional? But if this really happened, I hope they capture the suspects.
    Purrs to Chuck. I hope he gets better. xo

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....