27 August, 2023

Cat Haiku

A book that has been on my 'to be read' list for years, and I finally asked my intrastate library system for a copy.

Format: Hardcover
Language: English
ISBN: 0446677507
ISBN13: 9780446677509
Release Date: September 2001
Publisher: Warner Books (NY)
Length: 144 Pages
Weight: 0.45 lbs.
Dimensions: 0.7" x 5.8" x 5.7"

 A delightful read!

~~~

A few morsels:


Eyes closed, I lick and

Lick my fur.  One gets into

The Zen of it all.


You read books; I like

To lie on top of them.  We're

Both bibliophiles.


You call and I hear.

But I am a jungle cat

And will not answer.


Give me one reason

Why in heaven's name I should

Not sleep in the sink.


Please bear in mind that 

You're part of my entourage,

And not vice versa.

~~~

Chili Bruce approves of these haikus.

15 comments:

  1. Those are great! We love that third one, especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a cat (Groucho), who loved the sink...it was a cooler spot when we did not have any AC...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an excellent, and very inspiring, collection!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. CB looks likes he's saying: "You read the words; I live them..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv luv luv dee hi-kooz!!!!! dee mumz dadderz used to write hi-kooz

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever get out of here
    I'm going to write cat Haikus

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to see if my library has this. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    That book sounds like it was quite the good read!!!!!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are wonderful - but the entourage one is our favorite .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds fun. :D Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....