04 August, 2023

Give A Hoot

4 August International Owl Awareness Day!

Owls play a vital role in their ecosystem by controlling the rodent population.
 
Have always loved owls, and attend lectures at nearby nature centers as often as I can.

A few have captive owls to gaze upon; only birds who cannot be returned to the wild.

A few images that I've snapped:
Eastern Screech Owl, Red Morph
Eastern Screech Owl, Grey Morph
Northern Saw-whet Owl
Barred Owl
Long-eared Owl
The Rare Pommy Owl
I typed 'owl' into my photo library search, and this came up, so I figured...why not?
🦉🦉🦉

10 comments:

  1. I love owls. And that rare Pommy Owl is a sight to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owls are beautiful. And so was PO'M. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owls are so cute. We have at least one but I've never seen it, but I hear it at night. Pommy Owl is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me grin from ear to ear. :P

    Blessings, Darla M Sands

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like owls, too. It's no wonder they are synonymous with wisdom. As was the PO'M, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While not ever seen by me, I hear an owl hooting at nightfall. No idea what species.
    Once near Toronto, I saw a huge Great White Owl sitting on a sign, hopeful for some prey to come near...what it was doing in the hugely humanized area, I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....