05 October, 2023

The Windy City

A visit to Chicago during a beautiful weekend.

I roamed about, and snapped a few images.
Designed by Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, the Chicago Public Library’s building – today home to the Chicago Cultural Center – was completed in 1897.
The Beach at Sainte-Adresse, by Claude Monet
1867
The Art Institute of Chicago

The Marina City complex was designed by architect Bertrand Goldberg and completed in 1968.
Known as The Corncob Buildings, this is my artsy angle.
Nighthawks, by Edward Hopper
1942
The Art Institute of Chicago
Lion, one of a pair of outdoor 1893 bronze sculptures by Edward Kemeys
The Art Institute of Chicago
Yes, this was the only feline I managed to find!

Beyond thankful to my family who included me in their travels, both last weekend and a couple of weeks ago when on the westside of Michigan.

Witnessing the gorgeous weddings of my two nephews were gifts of unimaginable value.

Let's Hop!

10 comments:

  1. I usually keep NightHawks as my wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited some of the same Chicago sights years ago. :D Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They knew how to build in the old day! And look at the clouds Monet painted: so real, so magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a pretty building, Chicago has some nice places to visit. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop and thank you for the well wishes for our sweet Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos- glad you found a (big) cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had the pleasure of visiting Chicago. It looks very much worth exploring.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....