16 October, 2023

Just Tip It

National Feral Cat Day® is 16 October

Alley Cat Allies created National Feral Cat Day in 2001 as a call to action to raise awareness about community cats (also called feral or stray cats), promote Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR), and empower the millions of compassionate people around the United States who care about cats and kittens to drive change on their behalf.


We cannot adopt our way out of the cat overpopulation; sterilizing community cats is the only choice we have to save their lives.

Veterinary and scientific professionals are at work to find a non-surgical procedure to sterilize cats: read about it here.

Huge thanks to the low-cost spay/neuter clinics, local rescue and foster groups; the public who've attended TNR classes and care for their own clowders; the relentless advocacy of national groups like Alley Cat Allies and Best Friends, plus the countless TNR groups in every city, and every state.

We love our cats, so why not love ALL cats?
❤️ 

9 comments:

  1. Bravo! With a huge thank you to all who do this, all who care. Once upon a time (when a homeowner), we tended a feral colony ... sadly, now not able to do so. But it is a critical and hugely important cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important to do. We have a feral kitty in our backyard and it's being fed and cared for. Want to make it an indoor kitty too. Beautiful post.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always fully grateful to all who tend feral colonies and to those who spay and neuter at a reduced charge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, indeed! Lets hope TNR gets all those feral colonies stabilized so no new kittens will be added to their numbers. If we all support this it could be a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I just told a lady I know to set a trap and I will bring the cat for TNR. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my sights on my next trap-and-neuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should ask around about neighborhood cats and get involved. ~nods~ Be well, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a cause dear to my heart, which is why I volunteer where I do.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....