23 October, 2023

Alone

It's PO'Monday!

Late October, 2013.

Celestial Pommy seemed comfortable with Autumn.

His fur colors blended well with the landscape.
While on a recent nature walk, as Mother Nature whispered into my ear with a light wind, and her palette of leaf colors dazzled my eyes, it occurred to me that I once spent hours each and every day with Paddy, out in the yard.

I'd sit on the back deck, or wander about, and he would trail me wherever I went.

Warm, cold, sunny, rainy; we were a team.

The yard is so lovely now, with yellows, reds, greens, rusts, and oranges.

But it's lonely.

13 comments:

  1. Hugs to you...there are so many things that remind all of us of our 'gone befores'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was autumn in its glory ... if a falling leaf touches you as it drifts downward, perhaps it is a caress from him ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss our loved ones in so many different ways. Sending hugs.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paddy was indeed a special guy.
    He was a special gift to your backyard!
    Always loved, never forgotten. Hugs!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lonely indeed. I loved him too and I remember when you got him inside. We all did the happy dance.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Paddy were meant for one another. Really, you were. Both of you loved equally. I would have loved to have met him and if he permitted, hold him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweet boy will always be out there watching you and looking out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paddy was an element, a part of the seasons...

    ReplyDelete
  9. He was a good friend. I'm so sorry he's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely photo of your sweet boy. He looks like the angel that he is.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....