Thursday, October 17, 2024

Wild Child

 Yesterday was National Feral Cat Day, shining a spotlight on the needs of community cats and their carers.

But what about humans are a little bit...er, um...wild?

The Hubby agrees that I am untamed!

Below is my first feral/stray/community cat, found in the parking lot at my workplace.

Named George after the security guard who informed me about the cat's presence around the building.

Friends and co-workers put out food for George on the weekends and when I was away, and we humanely trapped him after many months of trying...hey, we were novices!

Donations covered the vet bill for neutering and shots, then George was delivered to his foster home, where he became a member of the family.

Will always be thankful for P&M, my co-workers who pitched in, for the family who adopted him, and for that security guard who put my feet on an outside-cat-loving path!

Maybe the feral in me calls to the feral in them?

Let's Hop! 

8 comments:

  1. George ended up being a very lucky cat. He was found and saved by a multitude of people. That's a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Vicky,
    George indeed was a very good 'feral' experience for you and many!
    May there be more compassionate people that care for those homeless kitties.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be part feral...but...something happened. The feral drained out-- and a gramma filtered in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a most wonderful first save, bravo! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad George got a happy ending- I wish all cats were so lucky. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. My foster son tends to run feral. Only his own son keeps him grounded.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....