20 November, 2018

November 20, 1993


My parents were married for over 50 years.
These are images of the greeting card that my mother sent The Hubby and I today.  25 years ago, he and I flew off to Las Vegas, and got hitched.  The last sibling in my family to marry, we chose to be low key and quiet.  We'd been a couple for many years, so why throw a fancy party?  That year, my family gathered for Thanksgiving, and surprised us with a coconut cream cake in celebration of our marriage.

We are comfortable like an old pair of shoes, but there is still plenty of fire and laughter.  We complement each other; he is careful and methodical...and I am quick and dreamy.  Losing Chuck on our anniversary last year was difficult, and yet it seemed inevitable; I had the day off from work, and our love for him was the most important thing.  That's what a family does; love and laugh, cry and grow.

💞💞💞


19 comments:

  1. We would like to wish you a very Happy 25th Anniversary. We love the card your mom sent you. We hope you are having a wonderful day and that Chucky is looking down on you all. Thanks for the share. Have a great day of celebrating.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 25th from me and a special angel hello to Chucky. I can't imagine being with one person for so loooong!! I've been here almost ten years now and it's been a long haul, but a happy one! I like how you said love and laugh, cry and grow. - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary Dear Mom and Dad,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you.♪♪

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a moment, I was stunned: I saw the '1993' and the card that was printed '25th', so I thought your 25th anniversary was 25 years ago. Impossible! Pictures are worth a thousand words, but sometimes the words are garbled...

    Anyway, happy anniversary! And losing Chuck on your anniversary may very well have been a way of making sure that you and the Hubby were with him that day. They are clever these cats, and loving. They know the value of family, as much as we humans do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 25th Anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year since Chucky left for the bridge. The only thing that could've made that card better is two BLACK cats on the outside [looking at you, Manny and Chili Bruce] ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 25th Anniversary! The card is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary - and many more ! So many memories - some bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 25th Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love the story and the card.
    Wishing you both many more years of laughter,love and FUN!!
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
    and Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary you two. I know there will be many more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary. What a sweet card from your mom . Family does love and laugh and cry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary to you and your husband! That greeting card from your mom is purrfect for caring cat pawrents like you two :-)
    I wish you a wonderful day and many more happy days together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! What a perfect card from your mom. Over 50 years, wow, that is wonderful! You're halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry we're late. Happy Anniversary. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....