05 April, 2024

Cat Man James Mason

Legendary British actor James Mason (1909 to 1984) was a devoted lover of animals, particularly cats. 

He and his wife, Pamela Mason, co-authored the book The Cats in Our Lives, which was published in 1949; James also illustrated it.

The Cats in Our Lives
ASIN: ‎B000PHVGH4
Publisher: Current Books, Inc., First Edition (January 1, 1949)
Language: English
Hardcover: ‏ 199pages

 In The Cats in Our Lives, he recounted humorous and touching tales of the cats (as well as a few doggos) they had known and loved.

Haven't yet had to pleasure of thumbing through this book.

Images found on the interwebs.
Mr. Mason had an extraordinary voice, it seemed to me, and he could play a deceitful bad guy like nobody's business, such as in "North by Northwest".

He also played Dr. Watson to Christopher Plummer's Sherlock Holmes in "Murder By Decree".

Of course, his career was long and varied, and that he was a Cat Man makes him all the more attractive!

12 comments:

  1. I'm certainly old enough that I should know of him from movies, but I don't recollect. I'm with Jackie on the above comment. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitties Blue: We did not know this about the actor or that he’d written a book about his cats. Mom is going to check it out. Thanks for the info. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes him a GOOD and CARING human!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love learning about other cat lovers like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I would never have known that of you hadn't said so. What a handsome an he was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really interesting. I didn't know he was a cat man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoyed his acting prowess but also didn't know he was a feline fancier. :D

      Delete
  7. Mason's was one of the most distinctive voices in cinema, and a fine talent. I watched "Odd Man Out" not long ago, and found his performance superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know about the book! I will have to find that and see the illustrations as well as enjoy the stories.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....