20 July, 2018

Thankful Thursday Continued to Friday!

Yesterday's post showed Sweetie with spiderwebs all over her head!

And this morning, she had them on her again!  The Hubby thinks it's from our hosta plants, which both Sweetie and The PO'M sleep under to enjoy the broad leaf shade, and the cool ground.  I am thankful for her ability to make us laugh and grin, while really not trying to do it!

Sweetie has spiderwebs on her head again today!
 Also, I'm thankful this morning for The PO'M forgiving me for the kick I gave him last night, as I carried the filled dinner bowls out to the Feeding Station.  He zigzagged in front of my feet, and I didn't notice fast enough to avoid clobbering him with the top of my foot as I strided up the driveway.

Poor PO'M hid under the car, and when I reached out to offer my apologies, and to see if I'd hurt the cat, he tucked his tail under, and bolted into the neighbor's garden to disappear.  Quite honestly, my heart broke, and when he wouldn't come out to me, I was devastated.  The Hubby assured me that Paddy would come back, but I was upset and wouldn't believe him.

Maybe 1/2 hour later, The PO'M was at the Feeding Station, looking for food.  Rushing back outside...but slowed carefully when near the cats...,I gave Paddy his bowl. 

He ate.  He allowed petting.  My heartache eased.

The PO'M loves me again!

This morning, before the climb into The Cat Car for my morning commute, I de-webbed Sweetie and grabbed The PO'M to kiss and make up even more.  He allowed it, while clawing at my phone. 

I am thankful that all is right in my world again.

And no, The PO'M didn't appear to have any physical injuries from being booted.  It's happened before, and no doubt will again.  Why do cats do that, anyhow?  He was straight in front of me, as if he is the drum major to our cat parade, then he turned 90 degrees on a dime, so his body was across my line of direction!  *shrug*

19 comments:

  1. I know that pain and sadness when we accidentally kick our babies. And POM...that had to have hurt you terribly when he showed fear. They will dart in front of us too often and I have as have you I am sure, about done an olympic twist and turn and spot on landing avoiding hurting them at times. Other times, an accident happens and I accidentally have hurt my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spider webs? Well, that's a whole different deal! It's a good thing Sweetie is too big for a spider meal!!

    Oh, how we all hate what our mom calls the drop-kick. We've all had it happen and it always makes Mom upset. We also always forgive her, though, because we know accidents will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this story. I clocked tiny Miss Emily the other day. I know the horrible guilt. But why do they get right under foot? Love that "forgiven" photo of your hand and PO'M. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stuff On Cats Head... Sweetie is modeling this for us very well. POM - sighs. How well I know this. I'm constantly tripping over Toby. Never Leia . And then I get that Hurt Look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I'm glad everything is okay again. I kicked Sophie across the entire kitchen once! In my defense, the momentum was all hers because she ran in front of me. But I felt awful!! No damage was done. And our dog is the one who gets cobwebs on him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, a little scare doesn't stop one from forgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If my mom had spider webs on her...there would be clean up on aisle 7...if you get my drift.
    She is a freakoid with anything related to insects.

    Thank good POM the drum major didn't miss a beat.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehehe. I'm embarrassed to admit that I accidentally kicked Bear and chased him around the house until I could be sure he was okay. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Looks like all's forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stepped on Ernie when he got underfoot and I was devastated. (I didn't hurt him that bad, but still.) I was afraid he'd never forgive me. But he did, and I feel better now. I think me chasing him down to apologize and make sure he was okay bothered him more than getting stepped on. ~Island Cat Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear- I have stepped on - tripped over - bumped into - my kitties more than I can count. They seem to understand that we don't mean it - thank goodness !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mudpie has spiderwebs on her head every time she comes up from the basement! MOL I crash into or kick Mudpie so frequently that she's used to it. She insists on walking right in front of me and it just happens :( Doesn't seem to phase her a bit either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Binga has been stepped on more times than my human can count! She has a special talent for getting underfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor PO'M! Paisley and Webster have both been kicked numerous times and have both also nearly sent me to the ground numerous times. They just love to get in the way when I can't see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad Paddy wasn’t injured and he is back again. Maybe he was just surprised. He knows you love him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad POM wasn't hurt after colliding with your foot. We rarely wear shoes in the house, and one reason is that Raven often walks in front of us. She has gotten the accidental boot more than once and we've tripped over her several times. I've gotten in the habit of shuffling my feet if I'm not sure where she is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have walked into Rosie a couple of times and felt terrible. I don't think they hold it against us.

    P.S.: This is Ruby from The Daily Pip. We changed our blog name to My Rescued Life - but wanted you to know, it's still us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate kicking, punching, hitting, swatting the cats. How can we explain that these are accidents? It often happens at night when the bedroom is dark and the bed crowded. God forbid I should turn over and forget to tuck my arms in. I'm sure to clober Renn or Josie. Thank goodness they forgive us.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....