11 March, 2024

Nap

"Today, the day after “springing forward” an hour for daylight saving time, has been set aside as National Napping Day. 

The day was first established in 1999 by the Boston University professor William Anthony and his wife, Camille, who hoped to bring awareness to the health benefits of napping and the importance of sleep.

This also coincides with March being designated as National Sleep Awareness Month, and pairs with World Sleep Day on the Friday before the March Equinox."

From The Atlantic 13 March, 2023 by Alan Taylor
If you have difficulty with napping, simply mimic a professional:
Not a care in the world!
❤️❤️❤️

15 comments:

  1. That DST really messes with so much! Esp the peeps with dememetia that I take care of.

    Yes indeed, lets nap!! Just remember not too close to bedtime, else that will be not happening, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get DST for another 3 weeks, but it is a real pain with all the meds I have to take at set times. I wish I could nap like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my naps, learned how-to from my cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning the day after the time change Precious was still asleep at 5:15 this morning. Her little body still thought it was only 4:15. However she was willing to eat breakfast quite quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all ought to learn from our kitties—they are champions in napping!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I could sleep as good as a cat. They know how to sleep.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my yes. The best of instruction and the best illustrations of the instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, I didn't know about this special day but I celebrated anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is the worst morning of the year, even worse than Reverse Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am perfectly aware of sleep, especially when I am not getting any. As for cats sleeping...anywhere, anywhen, anyhow...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the giggles. The "When am I?" photo has me laughing so hard. What a great photo; almost as awesome as yours, my dear. :D Be well!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....