18 May, 2024

International Museum Day

18 May is International Museum Day

Learn more here.

I love museums, and visit them whenever I can, and wherever I roam.

Today on Caturday, I present a sampling of my photos; there is always something wonderful to see and learn from.

"Boat Installation" by Dale Chihuly
The Columbus Museum
Columbus, Georgia
Rocket
National Air Force Museum
Dayton, Ohio
The UFO Museum
Roswell, New Mexico
1952 Oscar Mayer Weinermobile
The Henry Ford, Dearborn Michigan
North American T-28 Trojan Trainer Aircraft
Selfridge Military Air Museum
Harrison Township, Michigan
"Man Crossing A Square on a Sunny Morning", 1950 by Alberto Giacometti
The Detroit Institute of Arts
"Portrait of Hermine Gallia", 1904 by Gustav Klimt
The National Gallery, London
Historic cat carrier collection
The Feline Historical Museum, Alliance Ohio
Lion Statue in front of the Molly Brown House Museum
Denver, Colorado
Pacific Northwest Totem Poles
The Field Museum, Chicago

Let's Hop!

Click on the badge above to visit Athena Cat Goddess

14 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

#1 says to tell you that she loves Chihuly's work, and has several books about it. She has seen two big outdoor exhibitions, one at Chicago's Botanical Gardens and the other at Kew Gardens near London. She wishes she could afford even a small piece!

Purrs,
The Chans

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Eastside Cats,
In April of 1983 when I came for the first time to this great country, I did visit The Henry Ford, Dearborn Michigan Museum!
Those old cat carriers are interesting to see.
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Lynn and Precious said...

All these wonderful things tell a tiny piece of our great country. You've gone to some fascinating museums I can see.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

How pawesome, we love museums too, so much to see and learn! Happy Caturday guys!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Museums sure are fun. We don't have any interesting ones around here, we have some but they are just okay.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Those are very interesting. Mum has been to the British Museum in London and also the National Gallery quite a few times. Not recently though.

meowmeowmans said...

Super cool! We love museums, too!

The J-Cats said...

Mummy has told Us about several interesting Mew-seum's She has visited. One of her favourites was the Cat Museum in Kotor, Montenegro.

pilch92 said...

I would like to go to the Feline museum. XO

John Bellen said...

I thought the boat was a salad at first. And I have an old cat-carrier, made of wood and steel mesh in the window. I always thought it home-made, but maybe it's not...

messymimi said...

There are just so many museums and so little time!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Thank you for sharing

Darla M Sands said...

Thank you for sharing these awesome photos. My husband and I both grew up not far from Alliance, Ohio. We'll have to visit that museum. And if you ever travel Southwest Ohio again, please let me know as I'd love meeting you. We live pretty close to the Air Force Museum, among other interesting places. Be well!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh my cod!!!! finally i can comment that 2 ov dee muz favz are dale chihuly and gustav klimt!!! thanks fur changing to pop up