02 May, 2024

Feeling Ducky

 Yesterday, while on my 'hood walk, a male Mallard Duck greeted me as a strode past.

Of course, I stopped immediately, and cooed at Mr. Duck.

My neighbor, seeing my conversation, told me that Mr. and Mrs. Duck had been visiting her yard for years, and she'd filled a blow-up kiddie pool with water for the pair to enjoy.

Not my image; found online.
Now that's my type of neighbor, who gives a handout...or a pool...to wildlife.

Wished I'd snapped a photo, and will probably go back to visit Mr. and Mrs. Duck someday soon.

Thankful for all who understand that humans aren't the only beings that need succor on This Earth.

Let's Hop!
Click on the badge above to visit Brian's Home Blog!

13 comments:

  1. I had two mallards long ago. I found the eggs in a nest with a dead adult next to it. I put the eggs under a broody hen and in due course they hatched. We had them for several years until Mrs Mallard was taken by a fox. Mr. stayed around for a few months before flying off, presumably to find a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful of the neighbor to provide for Mr. and Mrs. Mallard. Sorry about that deleted comment. Dad put in a bad word and hit "Publish" before he meant to. I told him he needed to tone it down before publishing. He's in a mood...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walk by a small pond, and I do mean small, here at home where a pair of mallards return every year. I do not know if they are ever successful raising their young. You know the problems, coons, possums, skunks and all the neighbors outside cats. But I love seeing them return. I know spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound like a nice neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be nice to be a duck with your own pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really made my day with you and your neighbor's generous natures. Best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very sweet, such a nice person! Howdy sweet ducky! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting the pool might be like a holiday for the pair...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three Chatty CatsMay 3, 2024 at 9:41 AM

    Sometimes, although rarely, I will see ducks in the community pool here.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....